2023 Spring leagues will begin Thursday, March 9th and run through May 25th
DOUBLES AND SINGLES LEAGUES
This year, CTA is offering both doubles and singles leagues for men.
The doubles league will continue to be played on Thursday evenings at 6:30 pm at Champions club with the same format as before.
The singles league will be a block/flex format. You will schedule your matches with your opponent.
Your CTA annual membership is required to participate in either or both leagues. There are no additional league fees.
See below for more league information.
The men’s doubles league is played on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm at Champions Club. Court fees go to Champions Club and are due at time of play. We will be able to support up to 8 courts (sometimes 10) of doubles tennis in a ladder format. The league is intended for adult men with a rating anywhere from 3.0 to 4.5.
Court fees: Champions Club has moved to a free-to-play format and are no longer requiring court fees for walk-up customers. We are told that in order to reserve 8+ courts, we must pay a court fee. The league coordinator is verifying this information with Champions Club. We would love to see the court fees go away.
If you would like to play in the men’s doubles league:
- Make sure you have an active CTA annual membership
- Make sure you have a TopDog account. If you do not, sign up here: https://chattanoogatennis.topdoglive.com/
- Sign up for the 2023 Thursday Men’s Doubles League – SchedulePlay on TopDog at https://chattanoogatennis.topdoglive.com/
- Click the red Signup button next to the SchedulePlay link, not the doubles league standings
Whether you have played in previous seasons of the Thursday Night Men’s League or not, you will need to go to TopDog to sign up for the league. Once signed up, you will be able to set your availability for each week.
Doubles League Format
The men’s league is a doubles tennis format, and consists of standard match scoring rules (2 out of 3 sets with a 10 point 3rd set tiebreaker). If your team wins, the following week you will move up a court and split with your partner (they are now your opponent), and if your team loses, you will move down and split. This format should allow for some fun competitive tennis on all courts as the levels of play equalize.
Due to player availability, we cannot always guarantee court movement and partner/opponent matchups from week to week. The league admins will try their best to set fairly balances matchups while moving players up and down depending on records.
We will continue to use the TopDog system to report our availability. If you are unable to play you can change your availability in your TopDog account and we will know when we are scheduling the courts each week.
View the video for a brief explanation of the format.
New this year to the CTA league lineup …. SINGLES LEAGUES! The format will consist of boxes of 5-6
players of similar playing ability grouped together to play a round robin over the course of 4 or 5 weeks.
The singles league will begin March 12.
- Players will arrange their own matches with their opponents.
- Points will be awarded based on sets won.
- At the end of the round, 2 players will move up a box, 2 will move down a box and 2 will stay in their current box and a new round will begin.
- Sign up at https://chattanoogatennis.topdoglive.com
- Click the Signup button next to the 2023 CTA Men’s Singles Box League (Round 1)